Sunday 5 April 2009

Done at last

So I finished "Daddy's Girl" a story I'm quite proud of. And I 've sent it away hopefully to get a positive response, if not oh well that be the nature of comics.
Can't rest on me laurels though, my next project is for Sam Costello of Split Lip fame.
Oh yes he wants another of his scripts illustrated by moi and I couldn't be more chuffed.
It's a crackin' little tale (and I've not read a bad 'en from Sam yet).
I've already dome some sketches and I'll post them in the next few weeks.

9 comments:

John H said...

I'm sure they'll respond. It's a good strip, that.

Gary Crutchley said...

They have and the news is
...positive...ish.

John H said...

Is it the colouring you aren't too happy about?

Gary Crutchley said...

It's not that I'm unhappy about it being in colour, it's just that I'm a complete novice when it comes down to it.
I'm only just getting to grips with the tone that I use in my work and that's taken 18 months.
So I hope they've got a colourist all lined up and ready to go.

John H said...

I see. I imagine there are so many techniques to experiment with, too. Personally I prefer highly detailed monochromatic artwork, the more headache inducing the better. Colour can sometimes take something away. Less is more and all that.

Roland MacDonald said...

This is a good looking strip. Hope you get a suitable colourist. It's such a shame when insensetive colour work suffocates good inks.

Gary Crutchley said...

You're not wrong. I'll just have to wait, and see what they suggest.

David said...

Heh, have you been following me home from work again, Gary? Just read that great page and it kinda sounded like me... on a good day;)

Looking forward to seeing this.

all the best

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Super work !!